Happy Independence Day! You’re probably reading this and relaxing a bit before going off to a block party or pool party, or just getting ready to go watch the fireworks. I thought a chicken salad recipe would be the perfect thing to post today.
What I love about this version of my chicken salad is the red peppers—they add a nice splash of color and a satisfying crunch. There is so much good stuff in here you don’t even need that much chicken. It’s quick to make, so you’ll be able to get to your holiday festivities all the sooner.
Recipe: Chicken Salad with peppers and more
Summary: A great “kitchen sink” chicken salad recipe full of interesting flavors and textures.
- 8 oz Chicken, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 6 artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 Tbs capers
- 1/4 cup black olives, diced
- 3 Tbs parsley, chipped finely
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or on your favorite bread.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4