Dry-Roasted Edamame with Cranberries
I’m a snacker, so I’m always looking for healthy—usually high-protein— recipes. I came across this gem in Whole Living Magazine. It’s got the two major things I look for in a recipe: it’s easy and it’s delicious. As a bonus, it only has four ingredients. You simply can’t beat that in a healthy snack.
Summary: An easy snack full of protein and other goodness.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tsp organic olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (more or less depending on your taste)
- Heat the oven to 425°.
- Put the edamame, olive oil, and salt in a sealable container (or slide lock plastic bag works too). Shake well to coat the edamame in the oil and salt.
- Spread edamame out on a baking sheet.
- Roast for about 20 minutes until browned and crisp. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Let cool.
- Toss with the cranberries.
You can store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long).
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Leave a Reply
My expertise is helping you find the dietary plan that works for you then helping you learn to shop, cook and eat in a way that helps you be healthy.
I will teach you to listen to your real needs and honor, trust, and respect your body. The result with be a total health transformation. All it takes is a little bit of guts.