By now you know how much I believe in the power of food—good food can cure just about anything that ails you. What’s even more amazing, you don’t need to eat it! Using food topically can help with all sorts of skin issues. There are tons of home remedies for skin, and I love experimenting with them. These home remedies work, they’re less expensive than what you buy in the store, and you know exactly what you’re putting on your skin. This article on home remedies for acne provides wonderful ideas on things you can do at home to address your skin issues. Here are my three favorites.
Home remedies for skin
- Lemon juice. That’s easy; lemons are readily available at any grocery store. I buy them in 5-lb bags. To treat acne, just rub a slice of lemon on the affected area. Let the juice stay on your skin for a few hours then rinse with with clean water.
- Honey. Rub honey on the affected skin and let it sit for half an hour — your acne will be gone in a few days! Honey is sticky, so rinse it off with warm water first, and then use cold to close the pores.
- Cucumber. Run one small cucumber through the blender to make a paste, then add one teaspoon of yogurt. Apply the mixture to your acne and leave it for half an hour or more, then wash it off.
Other home remedies for skin
My other favorite home remedies for skin include sugar and salt scrubs. I use these all the time to exfoliate my skins and moisturize at the same time. There are tons of recipes, and you can really do whatever you want. Here is a basic scrub recipe:
- 2/3 cup sugar (regular white or brown sugar) or coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup oil (grape seed, almond, olive and coconut)
- 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil
- other optional ingredients
Mix well. Use about 2 tablespoons in the shower. I like adding lemongrass and lemon essential oil. It smells amazing!
The fact is, you don’t need to spend a ton of money buying expensive skin care products. There are so many luxurious home remedies for skin. The best part is, you control the ingredients so you know exactly what you’re putting on your body! Have fun with this.