Mint and chocolate is a beautiful combination. When I was a kid, mint chocolate chip ice cream was my favorite (I still love it, as a matter of fact). So I was thrilled when I came across this mint chocolate chip green smoothie recipe. Can you say yum?
I don’t usually have smoothies for breakfast, as I prefer smoothies as snacks. But I tried this one out for breakfast and was thrilled. It’s very filling and full of protein and nutrients, so it kept me satisfied until lunch. If you feel a hankering for a creamy treat, this smoothie will do the trick. This recipe came from Daily Bites, which is a great site for clean, healthy recipes.
Recipe: Mint Chip Smoothie
Summary: A creamy, decadent green smoothie recipe: healthy and delicious!
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 drops natural peppermint flavor
- 1 Tbs raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Put the avocado, banana, ice, spinach, almond milk, and peppermint in a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. You can add more almond milk if you want it creamier.
- Stir in the cacao nibs.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with the coconut.
If you don’t like almond milk, substitute your favorite nut milk. Go easy on the peppermint…it can overwhelm quickly. Start with one drop, taste, and add drop by drop to get the taste you want.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Raw
Number of servings (yield): 1