A breakfast packed with protein is a great start to the day. I LOVE granola. I go back and forth between my nutty raw granola recipe and baked granola recipe—both work for me. This is my raw version of it, and it’s easiest if you use a dehydrator. The proportions of the nuts are really just guidelines; use more or less of anything, depending on your taste buds.
I usually eat 1/2 cup of the granola with either unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
Recipe: Nutty Raw Granola
Summary: This nutty raw granola recipe is packed with protein, this granola starts your day right.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup oats
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Soaking time: Soak the almonds for at least 4 hours, soak the pumpkin seeds at least 2 hours, and soak the oats for 12 to 24 hours (use regular oats, not quick oats).
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until coarsely chopped. Put in mixing bowl. Repeat with the pumpkin seeks, sunflower seeds and walnuts.
- Add the oats to the bowl.
- Mix in the maple syrup and salt. You can adjust the amounts of the syrup and salt to taste.
- Spread on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115 degrees for about 8 hours.
Preparation time: 4 hour(s) (with soaking nuts)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s) (overnight)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Raw
Number of servings (yield): 12