All of the holiday feasts are over, and chances are you’ve got some pumpkin puree leftover in the pantry…or at least you can still find it in the stores. You can even still find pumpkins to make your own! Why is this such good news? Because I have a pumpkin smoothie recipe for you that tastes exactly like pumpkin pie…with out the sugar or anything bad at all. This pumpkin pie smoothie recipe makes me very happy.
Before we get to the pumpkin smoothie recipe, I want to share a few of the health benefits of pumpkin. You can click here for more pumpkin nutritional information, but here are a few of the benefits.
- Pumpkin is packed with anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E.
- It’s a good source of B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin and pantothenic acid.
- 3 ounces of pumpkin has about 26 calories, making it a great low energy density food!
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
Summary: a healthy alternative to pumpkin pie.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana, chopped into chunks
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamon
- Put in your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Top with pumpkin seeds for fun, or sprinkle with cinnamon.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2