National Brownie Day is December 8. To honor the day, I thought I’d share one of my favorite raw chocolate recipes: raw chocolate brownies with frosting! I love my desserts and I love my chocolate, so I’m always looking for ways to make healthy, chocolate, deserts. Any raw chocolate recipe I’ve made has been superb (like my raw chocolate cheesecake). So I thought I’d find a brownie recipe that tastes as good as the real thing. I did some searching, blended a few ideas together, and came up with a winner.
So happy National Brownie Day. Enjoy this guilt-free raw chocolate recipe while you celebrate.
Raw Chocolate Recipe: Frosted Brownies
Summary: you will seriously think you’re eating real brownies!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 5 Tbs raw cocoa powder
- 4 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbs honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- For the Frosting:
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 3/4 cup water
- Place pecans in the food processor with the S blade and process until the pecans become crumbly.
- Add the dates and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the cocoa, coconut, hone/agave nectar and salt and process again until the mixture turns a dark chocolate brown. Stop the processing before it gets too smooth and buttery.
- Put the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly.
- Make the frosting: Place all the frosting ingredients in the food processor with the S blade.
- Blend, scraping down the sides as needed. It will take a while to get a velvety consistency.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours (it’s easier to slice when chilled).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12